Saturday, April 18, 2009

Accumulated Thoughts

The following are random bits that amassed themselves here during the week:

In regards to Deanna's comment about the Itunes last-played time-stamp feature: I listen to music on Itunes WAY more than on my Ipod, but I'm pretty sure it records the times a song is played on the Ipod, too.

Apparently the Department of Homeland Security is now more concerned with "right-wing extremists" than Islamic Fundamentalist terrorists. It seems right-wingers who disagree with expansion of the federal government, limiting or taking away gun ownership, the erosion of American sovereignty, and lackluster national defense are now considered radicals and potential threats. Nice to know fascism is alive and well in the 21st century.

Bruises shouldn't take 3 weeks to heal.

It's official -- yellow tail sushi rolls are my favorite type of sushi roll (and typically they're in my price range).

My inner Dr. House flourishes more and more each day. If only I had that vast medical knowledge and superior memory-recall ability to vanquish all who stand in my way.

April is slipping away.....soon it will be May and then December and then 2035 and we'll all be old and wondering "where did the years go? we can't possibly be this old already?" No...actually, that'll just be me. The rest of you will all feel like you've lived long, fruitful, full lives and won't have that I-just-arrived-at-the-party-and-you're-telling-me-it's-over feeling like I will. And oh, the panic that will ensue as I wrestle with the fact that there are only a few years left. How can this be?! It's not possible! I was just born, I still feel so young! There's nothing filling the years in my memories! This is madness! MADNESS!!!!

Ah.....I feel better now...don't you?

I'm watching the House episode where House and Cuddy are on the flight over the arctic and they think there's a meningitis outbreak. What would happen if there really were an outbreak like that - or of a new even more deadly disease - on a long-distance flight with no airports to land at during an emergency? Well...obviously bad things would happen. Can you imagine if every single person died and the plane just came barreling in for a crash landing? Geez....that's....that's kinda dark and disturbing....

I'm still bitter about the Zywiec beer I bought last weekend being 8 months past it's best before date.

Okay, these random thoughts have lingered here too much. Time to set them free - to release them out into the world, to fly like little baby eaglets, with their soon to be massive talons and beaks.

2 comments:

  1. I just checked and mine doesn't record the time stamp for songs played on my iPod. I asked Dave about it and he says that maybe it's because we don't sync our iPods to our iTunes library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh....that's it. I always sync my Ipod with Itunes. I actually wish it didn't because I don't allow songs to play all the way through on my Ipod. I don't want my Top Played on Itunes to have good running songs with hundreds of plays while other songs are only in the 20s.

    ReplyDelete