Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I can almost see the lights of the Goodyear blimp

"Just wakin' up in the morning, gotta thank God / I don't know but today seems kinda odd" -- Ice Cube

It's funny how some songs stick with you through the years. ITunes has a feature that lists the last date/time that each song was played. Sometimes it's amazing to see that I haven't played a certain song in years. The above-quoted Ice Cube song was last played on June 3, 2004 - but to my mind it seems like I hear it (and every other song on my computer) at least once a month.

Why is it that I buy these flavored CoffeeMate creamers and they taste great the first time I use them, but then after that....I feel like the son in "There Will Be Blood" being forced to drink a tall glass of whiskey and milk?

So who saw House last night? I was NOT expecting a suicide! I figured someone was going to be killed off....but not like that....(I probably shouldn't say anymore in case some of you haven't yet seen it)

No, I did not go to Tater Day yesterday. On Saturday, however, I had a dentist appointment in Benton and had to dodge several dual-Rebel-flag-bearing pick-ups as I made my way through town. You know....as much as some of us roll our eyes at it, I'm sure other communities have similar annual cringe-inducing events. The Polish carpenters told me about this small town in Georgia where every year for Oktoberfest the entire town makes beer and gets hammered. They're even allowed to stumble around drinking in the streets. (No, not New Orleans) They said there's a lot of German immigrants there who brew authentic old-world style beers. (I wonder if that should be "old" with an e on the end?)

Sorry Wenders, time to gripe about something: the seat in my truck. Driving my truck has become physical torture. Normally just driving around in my truck causes my sciatica to flare up (back and hip pain), but after someone else adjusts the seat it becomes even worse. Then the more I mess with it trying to fix things, it only gets worse until I'm literally squirming in my seat and driving faster just so I can get out of the vehicle sooner. Hey - we live in a society where blaming others is the norm - maybe I can sue Ford for my chronic sciatica problems?! What say you, my abnormal amount of lawyer friends?

Yeah...what's up with that? An unusually large number of my friends are either lawyers or hold engineering degrees. I wonder what professions I do NOT have friends in..... I don't know any chiropractors. I don't know any police officers (do I?....). I don't know any Hollywood actors or screenwriters. No plantation owners. No research scientists. No astronauts. No preachers/evangelists. No politicians. No pro or semi-pro athletes. No psychiatrists (but a few psychologists). No mechanics. No librarians. No oil-drillers. But it's possible I do know someone who has force-fed their kid a tall glass of whiskey and milk.

Well, enough rambling. Time to start my day. I hope I don't have to use my AK...

1 comment:

  1. You only feel that way about the seat in your truck because you have convinced yourself that you would be better off owning a Tundra.

    You probably do hear those songs once a month. I think the iTunes feature only records the times you listened to the song on your computer not on your iPod. Pretty sure that's how it works.

    ReplyDelete