Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Drunken Easter Blog

2:00 PM
No, I'm not drunk. Sure, it would make for wonderful literary entertainment for me to document a day of beer - but I have school work to stress over, family to visit with, and a job search to conduct. Luckily for you, dear readers, my mood is already growing cloudy due to 2 of the 3 previously mentioned items and I'm nearing the point where I toss my books and computer aside in aggravation and march to the refrigerator where the beer resides. So, those of you campaigning for the Drunken Easter blog just might get your wish. Calculus exams, projects, and resumes and cover letters be damned!

(to clarify, I gave up beer for Lent and as it is now Easter I can enjoy beer once again)

So, if you're sitting at home or are sitting bored on a relative's couch with your Iphone or Blackberry today - perhaps you should check in here every once in a while to see what madness ensues....

3:30
There's nothing quite like the head-shaking disappointment of purchasing one of your favorite beers - like the outstanding Polish brew Zywiec - then coming home and discovering that the Best Before date was 9 months ago. So your first beer in almost 2 months, a beer that is one of your favorites, tastes just like any other old skunky beer. I REALLY hate that!

4:10
You know a beer is skunky and old when you go from a top-shelf Polish brew to Amber-Bock and think the Amber-Bock tastes like heaven.

The beer drinking has been interrupted by a leak in the basement of unknown origin. Then Killian got up into the drop-ceiling again and that problem had to be resolved.

The family is in the living room watching the Master's while Callie and Cole play guitars and I waste time writing to you people.

4:55
Callie and I are reduced to working a puzzle while I swill skunky beer. Every beer in the wet-bar-fridge is skunky and old! I guess that's why they're in there for public consumption and not in someone's personal stash. It makes it hard to drink beer for the sake of amusing friends via my blog when all the beer is rather unpleasant to the pallet. Nevertheless, my grammar is slowly eroding. I've gone from skunky Zywiec to skunky Amber Bock to less skunky Sam Adams Winter Lager.

And no one has commented on this. I hope at the very least you all enjoy this tomorrow. While I enjoy a day of studying and job apps and post-teenage angst and coffee. Back to the puzzle, I guess...i really thought there would be more hilarity today...so far I'm disappointed. And you, dear readers, have a right to be disappointed too.

6:45

How in the heck did it get to be almost 7Pm already? One minute I'm making a puzzle and the next it's raining and the Master's is over and all the guys that everyone was rooting for choked and lost.

Did anyone actually see the movie Dumbo Drop? cause I sure didn't. I don't know why I'm thinking about that. Probably someone said something that sounded like Dumbo....

Cole is moping because he hates everything on the menu. The ham is going into the oven and I hear commotion in the kitchen. The puzzle is almost finshed.

What are you looking at? Yeah? well, Happy Easter to you too! You wanna fight about it? I'm Irish so it's a protected part of my cultural heritage that I can get drunk and fight about pointless things and not get in trouble.

Hey -- hey....maybe right now is a good time for me to fill out some job applications...that would be fun...ahhahahaha.....

8:00
The Drunken Easter blog has come to a sputtering end. After gorging myself on ham, green beans, bread, and asparagus I harassed Callie by poking fun of the way college girls always describe everything as "amazing." Then everyone took turns teasing each other and now we're waiting on dessert. The beer has been diluted by all the good food and I'm sobering up to the nightmare that is the coming week.

On behalf of the Evil Grin staff, I apologize for the potential lameness of this blog. But it was a good idea and perhaps with a few tweaks it could be a success some other time.

No comments:

Post a Comment